A sound, a scent, a sight,
a hope, a dream, a memory,
creative tunneling towards the light;
one word, then two and three,
a poem, a page or more of prose
set out on a never-ending journey;
there’s loss, there’s love, not less
than the unsettled heart should need
to imagine how it is doomed and blessed;
the stars, the sun, the moon,
a breeze and, oh, the stillness, too
give the birds and composer’s hand a tune;
a brush, a lens, a thought,
what is known and never can be
explained except as inspiration sought.
I want to thank onwindydays for recently nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Such a lovely gesture. I am humbled and it makes me very happy to play it forward!
First (this is rule I almost didn’t follow) I am supposed to offer seven things about myself …
- I have a milestone birthday this year.
- I have been writing stories and poems since I could write.
- I have had nineteen cats, two dogs and a budgerigar named Billy.
- I worked as a gardener on a large estate.
- I lived in a medieval abbey.
- I live in a log cabin.
- I believe in reincarnation.
The blogs I nominate (in no particular order as I am inspired by them all, and a few more than ‘the rules’ require) are:
Journey into Poetry journeyintopoetry.wordpress.com
By the Sea www.ingebrita.net
Caddo Veil caddoveil.com
Linda willows lindawillows.wordpress.com
Margaret griffin margaretgriffin.wordpress.com
Contemplative Moorings contemplativemoorings.wordpress.com
The Tale of My Heart justsimplyinlove.wordpress.com
LScott Poetry lscotthoughts.com
Pitching Pennies Poetry smzang.wordpress.com
Poems From Oostburg, Wisconsin ellenolinger.wordpress.com
For those nominees, here are the rules, certainly your option to follow or not.
* Display the award logo on your blog
* Link back to the person who nominated you
* State seven things about yourself
* Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them
* Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements
Blessings to all for continued inspiration! Follow your bliss!
©Artwork and writing, unless otherwise indicated, are the property of Diane M Denton. Please request permission to reproduce or post elsewhere with a link back to bardessdmdenton. Thank you.